We are still permitted for welfare grooming, however we please ask that you look at the images below, as well as reading the following advice to consider if your dogs needs are for welfare:
- Is your dog matted? If the matts are only just starting to form, can they be brushed out by yourself? Do you have a dematting tool and detangling spray and can the matts be removed with this? If these cannot be removed by yourself or they have developed in to more severe matting then you will need a welfare appointment. (From £15 for removing forming stubborn matts. Breed standard groom fee + £15 for full dematting groom) Please note that if they require a full groom then the dematting service will be a full clip off.
- Are your dogs nails overgrown? If they are only slightly long and not causing discomfort then this can wait. We would suggest getting a dog nail file for the meantime or walking them on pavements to help naturally file the nail down. Can your dog place their foot flat on the ground still or are the nails stopping them from doing so? Are the nails curling in to the pads? If so, then you will need a welfare nail clipping appointment (£10)
- Is your dogs hair growing in to their eyes? If the fur is just starting to grow out from their last groom they will be fine for the time being. It is if the fur is causing discomfort to the eye, or if they suffer with their eyes anyway (in particular shihtzus) then you may need a welfare eye trim appointment (£10)
- Is your double coated dog malting? Most double coats can be maintained at home, as much as having them blasted out at the salon gets better results, home brushing with either a deshedding tool such as (for shorter double coats like labradors) or a coat rake (for longer double coats like collies and german shepherds) will keep on top of the coat for the time being. If your dog's coat is past this point and is starting to look tufty, building up in vast amounts and coming out in clumps and possibly matting, then they will need to come in for a welfare groom (Breed standard groom fee with an additional charge from £10 for the extra welfare work required)
- In other terms, can you maintain the coat for an extra month or so or is it absolutely vital that your dog requires a groomers attention immediately?
ALL GROOMS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY UP FRONT FOR THE WELFARE SERVICE AND WE WILL REQUIRE IMAGES PRIOR TO BOOKING TO DETERMINE IF THIS IS WELFARE. PLEASE NOTE WE WILL ONLY BE DOING FULL GROOMING APPOINTMENTS IF THE DOG REQUIRES IT AS PART OF THE WELFARE APPOINTMENT.